Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raw Kale Salad #2


Here is another way to prepare raw Kale and it is full of flavor. I tried it with Karen T. and she loved it too. So I decided to share it with my bloger friends.

RAW KALE SALAD #2

Wash well and remove from the tough stem. You can tear the Kale from the stem and then place in water to wash.

For two people, one bunch is enough. Tear into bite size pieces. Place in bowl.

Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Sea Salt.

Squeeze lemon Juice over the Kale. Half may be enough for you, depends on how much
you are preparing.

1 Avocado - remove seed and add the meat of the Avocado in the salad.

Now, massage the Avocado into the Kale with your hands. This becomes like a dressing. Allow to rest about 1 hour to soften the Kale and over night it is still fresh tasting.


I was going to add Sun-dried Tomatoes and small slices of Sweet Onion. Tal tasted it and said, "Oh, that is really good just like it is." I went ahead and added them and we both liked it.



I think English Cucumber and raw sunflower seeds, soaked and sprouted overnight, would complement the flavor if you wanted. But the basic combination is outstanding.

If any of you try this, I would like to know your opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I made this wonderful salad last week and have it in my plans to make today! Love it! Thanks and smiles, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete