Monday, July 12, 2010

AVOCADO/CUCUMBER SOUP


I have taken a leave of absence form blogging. Since my husband's retirement, my days are not my own and we are both adjusting to life in this new season. We have done a good bit of travel in the month of June and had lots of company, which we enjoy and lots of yard work, etc.

I tried a new raw (uncooked) soup for lunch that was good enough to share with you. It makes enough for two people.

AVOCADO/CUCUMBER SOUP

1 long English Cucumber
3 Mint Leaves
1 Avocado (divided in half)
1 small Garlic Clove (optional, but very benificial to your health)
Juice of 1 Lemon
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
Sprinkle of Cajun Seasoning or some spice blend with some heat in it.

I peeled part of the cucumber and left part on. My thinking was, I didn't know how green it would be. The color was a pleasing light green. I may leave all the peeling on next time. If you are using the common garden variety and it has been waxed, by all means peel the waxed peel off. If these cucumbers are from your own garden, you decide whether or not to peel. Another thing to consider is how old your cucumber is. The English Cucumber is light in flavor and the seeds don't get too tough.

I put the chopped cucumber, mint leaves, 1/2 of the Avocado, and lemon juice in the blender and reduce to creamy consistency. I added 1/2 half cup of water. Taste it, then add a high quality of Sea Salt and other seasoning to your taste.

Pour into two bowls. Chop the other Avocado half and divide between the two bowls.

I could have eaten the whole amount that I made. If I had made it for Tal, I expect I would have been able to take it away from him, but I was sharing it with my cousin Lynn who is visiting and she loved it. I served it with Bagel Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment