Saturday, July 17, 2010

PEACHES AND CREAMSICKLE


I saw this cool treat in the Appalacian Voice that Tal picked up at the visitor center in the State Park. I have changed it to make it mine, of course. If you have children or grandchildren around, you might like to try these. Tal and I find one just right for evening treats or a light refreshment when working in the yard.

PEACHES AND CREAMSICKLES

1 cup of Peaches
1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 TBS. Honey
a pinch of Powdered Stevia or a few drops of liquid Stevia

Blend in blender I used a "Thunder Stick". This way I had small bites of peaches. You could puree 1/2 cup of peaches and chop the other half.

Pour into popsickles molds and freeze.

I added 1/2 of a Lemon juiced to keep the peaches from browning, but it is not necessary. I love to use lemons and limes, and it usually adds to the flavor.

Adjust the sweeteners to your taste. Remember that freezing deminishes the sweetness a little.

Let me know if this is a hit with your family.

In the kitchen again! Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment