Thursday, August 18, 2011

APPLE/CABBAGE/KALE SALAD


If you have liked the raw kale dishes I have posted, you are sure to enjoy this one. Check out the ingredients for the dressing, then I will give you the other ingredients. I love this dressing by the spoonfuls. You may come up with other ways to use it.

4 T. Almond Butter
1 Clove Garlic, minced (If you like lots of Garlic, use 2)
1 T. Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
1 inch fresh Ginger Root, minced
1 T. Maple Syrup or Raw Honey that is local with where you live.
Water to thin.

I also added 1 tsp. Jalepenos to give it a kick, but it would be just as good without it.

Kale, washed, dried and broken into small pieces
Cabbage, shredded
Apple, chopped finely
Dried Cherries or Craisins
Toasted Pecans or Almonds puts this salad over the top.
I also added some shredded Jicima because I had it and sliced Spring Onions.

Now if you don't want to use the dried fruit, try chopped Tomatoes and toasted Walnuts.


Message the Kale with your hands to soften it. Expect it to be reduced in volume. Add more if it is not enough.
Add the other ingredients. Don't overpower the Kale with too much Cabbage. And watch the Ginger. You can adjust the portions after you make it once. I didn't use more than more than a tsp. of chopped Ginger, but didn't measure either.

1 comment:

  1. I will certainly try this one. I love kale too. Hope to see you soon. Rip and Donna moved to Asheville. They love it!

    ReplyDelete