Tuesday, August 30, 2011

September 16 DEVOTIONAL


"Your thinking is from a human perspective." Matthew 16:23

According to Jesus, the human perspective is in agreement with Satan and the self-focus from which we live our lives. God warns us not to lean on our own understanding, but in all our ways to acknowledge Him so He can direct our paths. Proverbs 3:5-8 This pattern for living promises healing for the body and strengthening for our bones.

Satan's original suggestion is that personal independence is worth defying the authority and fellowship of God. The way this speaks to the human mind is that it is unthinkable to surrender ones human autonomy and the significance of their personal contribution and life force to God. Yet Satan gets our surrender by default.

It was unthinkable for Peter and those who loved Jesus to willingly allow Him to be mis-treated, abused and killed. Yet Jesus regarded Peter's perspective as Peter siding with Satan to block His path to the redemption of mankind.

Jesus said the Father was looking for those who would worship Him in spirit and in truth. To me, this means ordering my steps according to the authority of every WORD that the Spirit communicates to me, as I look to Him.

Lord, You are more precious than silver to me, more costly than gold. Diamonds are only a reflection of your beauty. Nothing is more desirable to me than You. Nothing compares with the value and worth of my Redeemer.

Let fear and awe of You buffer me from the demands and manipulation of my false self.
Let me understand that Immanuel is my reality. (Emmanu El - God with me.)


"Without firm faith, you will not be established. Take care to stay calm and unafraid. Do not become demoralized. Do not come into agreement with the enemy."
Isaiah 7:4, 9, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment