Sunday, September 2, 2012

God's Good Plans For Me

God says to Israel, "I know the plans I have for you.  They are plans to give you a hope and a future.  I have no plans to harm you.  Just to prosper you."  Jeremiah 29:11

Do I really believe God is so good?  This was spoken under the Old Covenant, how much more is this the expression of His heart to us under the New Covenant in the blood of Jesus!
Father, I acknowledge my need for a father like You.  You have planned for us to live as family and in community with others.  Yet, in our brokenness and self-focus, we so often find ourselves in conflict in these crucial relationships.  We had expected more from them, we keep trying to change them.  Then we look at ourselves and see the fear, the resentment, the self-pity, the striving to make things work for us.  We feel helpless and hopeless at times.

Now, I hear your voice once again say to me, "I know the plans I have for you.  I have no plans to harm you, just to prosper you.  Relax in my care.  Let all striving go.  Let all expectation from others go.  I will make a way for you.  I am your Father who cares for you and I will prosper you."

                                                    *       *        *        *        *       *

My heart is lifted up and I declare my confidence in Your fathering skills.  Your plans for me are good.   You have already brought to me abundant life, more than enough.  It is Your very own resurrection life and companionship with Your fathering heart.

Our suffering and challenges serve only to bring us to You.  You give us Your perspective so we can adjust our perspective to Yours.  As it is in Heaven, . . .that is Your perspective and You have made it available to me here in the earth in my life time.  And there is more to come through out eternity.  That overwhelms my ability to perceive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment