Monday, September 3, 2012

The Strengthening Presence

When I read Psalm 23 I am amazed at the gracious and loving care of my Shepherd.  I can relax in His presence even in my sheep-likness.  My soul is nourished and I grow into all His purposes for me.  I lack nothing, for my Shepherd provides, protects and delightes in me.


Because I am in Your presence always,
Your rod protects me.
Your staff guides me.
The storms of fear and confusion are stilled.
I am able to let go of things that "eat on me".
I am able to relax in Your care, even when I can not imagine the outcome.
I can see the table is prepared, and the cup is brimming over, not half full.
I feel the anointing oil and know Your resurrection power is available.

I am filled with gratitude. . .it explodes from me,
for only goodness and extravagant mercy,  unfailing kindness and love follow me.
Yes, Your goodness and mercy follow me ALL the days of my life, into eternity.

You can keep me in peace if I keep my mind stayed on You, Shepherd of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment