Monday, May 3, 2010

BLUE CHEESE AND BACON COLESLAW

I have never thought of using Blue Cheese in my Coleslaw. I found this recipe in the May 2010 issue of Tennessee Magazine. Here are my changes and of course you will probably make your own changes.

I never use packaged coleslaw mix because pre-shredded vegetables loose their nutriets when not eaten fairly soon.
I used my own mayo rather than store bought. So I didn't use the red wine vinegar. If I had used extra vinegar, I would use Raw Apple Cider Vinegar rather than distilled vinegars. Occassionally, I use Rice Vinegar or Kombucha Vinegar. You can add 2 TBS of Vinegar if you like.
The recipe called for 1 TBS Honey. I left it out.


If you like Blue Cheese, then try BLUE CHEESE COLESLAW

2 cups of shredded Cabbage (or 1 16 oz package of Coleslaw Mix)
1 cup or less Crumbled Blue Cheese
4 - 6 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled (more if you choose - I limit my bacon)
1/4 cup Mayo
Salt & Pepper to taste

I added Parsley

I served it with Chilli and a handfull of crushed Frito Chips in each bowl. I limit the chips also.

1 comment:

  1. I love the tang of Blue Cheese! Have you posted your Mayo recipe? I do want to try this! Thanks and smiles, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete