Thursday, May 27, 2010

LIME CUCUMBER SOUP

I have just made a delicious refreshing Cucumber Soup with Lime and Mint flavors. An Avocado makes it creamy and thick so you can eat it with a spoon. If you do not like to chew the Lime pulp, you could juice it, but think of the nutritiets you miss.

This is also a great substitute for Breakfast that deliveres lots of energy, alkalizes and cleanses the blood, and too many other benefits to mention. I often fix a protein fruit & veggie smoothie for Breakfast and another for lunch, like fresh Spinach, Cucumber, frozen Banana, Strawberries, fresh Pineapple, and coconut water or herb tea or Almond Milk, etc. then a scoop of protein powder if you like.

I want to give you this Cucumber Lime Soup and follow it tomorrow with Apple, Carrot, Banana Cereal. Oh Yea! It is really good too.

CUCUMBER LIME SOUP

1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Cucumber (unless you use the long English Cucumber. Maybe only 3/4 of it)
1 Lime
1/2 to 1 Avocado
Cayenne, a pinch
Salt, a pinch
1/4 cup of Herbal Green Tea or Peppermint Tea would be good. Or use water.
Mint leaf (I added this after I had blended the rest)

Peel the Lime, the Apple, and the Cucumber. (English Cucumber I would not peel)
Cut them all into chunks, so your blender will puree them more easily. I hope you have a wide base blender. The small narrow bottoms don't handle large chunks as easily.

Taste this before you add the mint leaf and then after. I thought the Mint added a new deminsion and love it. I also like to add a sprig of Mint as decoration and smell the Mint as I enjoy the soup.

Add the Avocado meat to the blender with the fruit and veggie chunks.
Add the cayenne, salt and liquid.

Blend unto smooth. You will have a little of the Lime fiber to chew up, but it is not bitter. You can juice the Lime if it messes with your sense of texture and enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment