Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HOMEMADE MAYONAIZE

A blogger friend has requested I post the recipe for mayo so I will do that.

1 cup Vegetable Oil
2 TBS Aplle Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
1 Egg

I drop a raw egg in my blender and add the Vinegar, salt, and dry mustard.

Add about half of the oil so the blade is almost covered to prevent splatering.

Start the motor running to blend the ingredients, then begin pouring the remaining oil in a slow steady stream into the blender.

The oil mixture will quickly whip into the consistency of Mayo.


Your advantage to making your own is obvious. You know what is in your mayo, no chemicles, and it is fresh. You can add herbs and nutritional additives if you like. This is a simple, quick and basic recipe. I have used it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment