Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CURRY BROCCOLI SALAD


If you like the taste of curry but not the heat, you should enjoy this salad. Tal is not a big curry fan, but he liked the combination of flavor. I do not recommend Bacon because of the preservatives and other additives, but I have found a sourse of Bacon that have none. Ingles carries Harvest, All Natural and the health food stores usually carry clean Bacon. If this is not on your list of "no-no" foods and you use Bacon occassionally as I do, this may be another salad to add to your raw food recipe book.

For a family of 4, the following portions should be adequate. I split it for 2.

4 - 6 slices of Bacon
two heads or stalks of Broccoli
Diced Sweet Onion
Dried Cherries
Sunflower Seeds or use Slivered Almonds, etc.

Make a dressing of:
3/4 cup Mayo (I make my own or use Veganaise with Grape Seed Oil, no egg, etc.)
1 tsp Curry Powder
2 T. ACV (raw apple cider vinegar - I try to avoid distilled vinegars. or use Lemon)
Pinch of Stevia Powder. Honey might work, but I have not tried it.

Fry Bacon and crumble it into the salad. Make this dish first so it can marinate the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment