Friday, April 1, 2011

APRIL 1


The following devotional is an example of praying in faith. We so seldom talk to our Heavenly Father from a position of peace and confidence, gratitude and trust. It us usually pleading and panic or anxiety and unbelief. I wrote this down as my daily confession of God's grace on my son, Paul, when he made a mission trip to India. I have sense used it as I lift the rest of my family members to God in prayer. I have written it in first person so that it will be your personal confession of declaring God's shepherding heart toward you.

Father, deliver Your people from the evil of fear and unbelief. Shepherd us forever, for we are sheep-like, and we need a shepherd like You.


Good Shepherd, I am Your little lamb. I live in a community of sheep who all need a Shepherd like You. You care for what belongs to You. I belong! You are here!

I lack nothing! You are provision for me, abundant supply. In Your presence, even my mind senses no lack.

I enjoy green pastures for rest and nourishment.

I am refreshed by limitless streams of Living Water.

Your presence restores, corrects, builds up.

You guide me in paths of rightness of Your design.

I do not fear disaster, for Your voice reminds me of Your promised presence as I move through death's dark ravines that cast threatening shadows on my soul.

Your shepherding rod and staff are such a comfort to me! You are so skilled in using these tools to form me in Your image.

The table You prepare for me is sumptuous! You have forgotten nothing, no disappointment in what You provide.

You call me to walk openly where enemies watch. They may try to distract me, to turn away from Your sufficiency and superior pleasures. But You guard my heart and are jealous for my affections.

Your anointing of my head is from an overflowing cup. Your goodness and grace follow and pursue me, providing a covering for my back.

Father, receive my gratitude for Your provisions through the finished work of Christ in my behalf. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment