Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rice and Kale Salad W/Spicy Dressing


Another successful creation, according to family and friends. So I will share it with you. Although I am not a raw foodist, I am convinced that an 80-20 ratio (80% being raw) is a healthier way to eat for most people. I try to eat as much dark green vegetables as I can. A hand full of raw Kale, Spinach, Chard, are my favorite additions to fruit smoothies. I have a few more Kale Salads to share with you, so come on and get brave.

And remember, raw vegetables taste quite different than cooked ones.

Spicy Lemon/Lime Cilantro Dressing (with variation of Sun-dried Tomato Dressing)

1 TBS. chopped Cilantro
1/4 cup fresh Lemon/Lime Juice (can use only lemon or lime)
1 small Clove Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt (don't buy sea salt that has been bleached or added anti-caking
agents. This is not healthy salt)
Dash of Cumin and Cayenne

Make the Sun-dried Tomato Dressing by chopping about 8. Add them to the Lime/Lemon Cilantro Dressing. Blend in a blender or use an emulsifier stick to encorporate into the dressing. (The Spicy Lime/Lemon cilantro Dresssing would probably be good also.)

Prepare the Kale
You want the Kale in bite size pieces. I remove the tough ribs, wash well and dry, and place in a bowl whatever amount you want to serve.

Add some cooked Brown Rice, you decide the ratio of rice to Kale, but don't add a bit of Kale with your rice, add a bit of rice with the Kale.

Pour some Sun-dried Lime/Cilantro Dressing over the kale and rice. Then massage the rice with your hands. Allow to soften while you prepare the rest of your meal.

Give me feed back, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment