Sunday, March 10, 2013

#4 Detox Smoothie

This meal smoothie turned out to be very tasty.  I often tweek recipes to suit my taste and ingredients I have on hands.  When you make a few of these smoothie combinations you learn what tastes good together. 

.
                     http://lindawagner.net/blog/category/drinks/smoothies 

Orange Lime Spinach

1 Frozen Banana  or you may want to use just half of a banana
1 Lime peeled   If you blender won't handle the whole lime, juice the Lime.
1/2 Lemon juiced
2 Oranges juiced
2 handfuls of Spinach or Kale

I used a peeled Cucumber once instead of the Oranges and it was good.  Add some water or ice if there is not enough liquid.  I added Water Kefir.

I have some standard add-ins that I use from time to time.
Aloe Vera goes in all of my smoothies now due to digestive issues.  Here in Florida I have access to all the Aloe Vera I want, so I cut off a large piece and use the gel.  Google it for yourself.

I usually add my powder supplement to my smoothie.  Reliv supplement powder actually boosts the flavor and sweetness for me.

 Your body will heal itself if given the proper nutrients and not overloaded and exhausted that it can't do it's job of cleansing and rebuilding.  There are lots of good product lines for you to choose from that give good results.  So if you are using a protein powder, you may want to add it in your detox smoothie.  This makes it a meal substitute when you are wanting to cut back and give your body a chance to catch up./



1 comment: