Sunday, May 27, 2012

Christ, The eternal "Yes"

                                                                    
Jesus Christ was not "Yes" and "No".  In Him it has always been "Yes"!   And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us, the redeemed.  All to the glory of God.  II Corinthians 1:19-20

God my Father is trustworthy.  He means what He says.  I can build my life on it.  But I must come into agreement with what He says.  I can not afford to allow fear to dictate my words,  for then I am drawn away from His "Yes" and create the human "No"  that contradicts Him.  Know what the Word says so I can speak the divine "Yes" of God's promises to every human "No". 

E. Stanly Jones said, "Christ became the human "No" on the cross.  His resurrection becomes the eternal "Yes". . . .
. . .to know the Father heart of God toward me and enjoy Him forever.
. . .to life more abundant, beyond what this world has to offer in possessions and position.
. . .to escape from the corruptipon of this world by the power of the in-dwelling Presence.
. . .to all I need for life and godliness.
. . .to forgiveness, restoration, recovery of living faith.
. . .to kingdom purpose and productivity.
. . .to a life testimony that honors Christ.

God does not say "Yes" to some of His promises, and "No" to others.  He said to Jesus, who walked in obedience and love, "Yes! You are My beloved.  In you, I am well pleased".    I am in Christ and I hear His "Yes" to me.  I pronounce the "Amen" to all you have promised. 

As it is in Heaven, so let it be on earth in my situation and it concerns me and my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment