Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"My God, why have You forsaken Me?  Why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of my groanings?"
                                                            
The picture of damaging hail that shredded my hostas and other Spring folage represents the storms that can overtake us when we least expect it.

In Psalm 22, David expresses the feelings of being forsaken by God.  We can  be so cast down in the midst of the battle that we allow fear and unbelief to make us speak words that agree with the enemy.  Even Jesus on the cross expressed this torment of soul.  "Why have You forsaken me?" 

Perhaps you feel that God has forsaken you.  That He has refused to save you because you are struggling with fear.  You feel that He has turned a deaf ear to your groanings. Remember that feelings are not reliable when representing the truth from heaven's perspective.  If you stay in unbelief, you will bring about that which you fear.  Fear has torment, and torment forces foolish actions and creates dis-ease if lleft to take it's course.


Because Jesus took my place and triumphed over everything I fear, I can confidently declare:
Oh hallowed Father,
. . You have not forsaken me or my family.
. . You have not refused to save me.
. . You hear  and You care about my groanings.

I cry out to you during the day and You answer, You hold me together.
At night You continue to speak and You comfort me by reminding me of Your faithfulness.
I turn my thoughts to worship the God who calls the dead to live and those things that be not as though they are. 
I remember that You are who You say You are and can do what You said You can do.
Therefore I will make my confessions agree with You.  I will keep my mind/thoughts stayed on You so I can be steadied by Your peace and co-operate as You work in my situation to perform the things You promised.
Your highest willingness is what I want to discover and lock on to.

Therefore,  I decree to my soul and body,
. . Jesus is the "Yes" for all you need.  Take His peace.  Come into His rest because He is faithful.
. .Put a smile on your face and celebrate who you are in Christ Jesus.
. .Soul, you can do what He said you can do.

I decree to my soul,
. .you are not a pauper who begs for crumbs from the King's table.
. .you are not an orphan, hoping the Father will make you a hired servant so you can keep body and soul together a few more years. 
. .soul, you are a son/daughter in the Father's house, who said all He has is yours. Cultivate the awareness of royalty. 

Think about, ponder what the Almighty can do, meditate on the goodness and greatness, intelligence and unconditional love of the Father.

As it is in Father's house, so let it be done on earth for His name sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment