Sunday, February 7, 2010

COURAGE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF FEAR



"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the absence of self." I don't know who originated this quote, but it helps me know who to look to for the courage. Certainly not myself and I now believe it is not by eliminating the feelings of fear.


Trust in the Lord. Lean on Him.
Do not trust the Self. Do not cave in to what seems obvious.
Flesh demands comfort. I do not live after the flesh but after the Spirit.
Be strong in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6


Awakening to You, Lord!
I am finding in You the answer to every question, every desire, and the supply for all that pertains to life and godliness. II Peter 1:3

Awakening to You!
To the wonders of Your grace and love.
To the wonders of Your touch.
To the nearness of You and the warmth of Your embrace when I feel so alone, when things go wrong.

And the Spirit says, "There is so much more for you to awaken to in Me."


Glorious Father, grant me hearing ears and a receiving heart. Spirit of wisdom and revelation, empower me to know by demonstration experienced, this Jesus who calls me to the marraige chambers. This is where I am made one with Him and can forsake all else. It is at His banqueting table that I am nourished unto transformation. Open my eyes, and make me see from heaven's perspective what You are bringing on the earth. Exert Your powerful life in me and through me, so I will become to You, all You created me to be. Ephesians 1:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment