Monday, February 1, 2010

CULTIVATE THE INWARD MUSIC



The following quote is from Elizabeth Elliot and I find it grounds me when I endulge my emotions that compel me to complain and be offended.
"Oh Lord, in all Your dealings with me - whether of joy or pain, of light or darkness - let me be brought to You. Let me value no treatment of Your grace simply because it makes me happy or because it makes me sad, because it gives me or denies me what I want; but may all that You send me bring me to You.
Knowing Your perfectness, I can be sure,
in ever disappointment that You are still loving me;
in every darkness You are still enlightening me;
in every enforced idleness that You are still using me;
Yes, in every death You are still giving me life, as in Christ's death, You gave life to Your son, my Savior."
Thank you Elizabeth Elliot. Your words have so often transformed my attitude.
Lord Jesus, I surrender to your sovereign authority. You reign! Be ruler over all that touches me. Reign over my little world and all I hold dear. I bow my knee to Your sovereign love. I believe You to be the King who sings over my life and who lifts Himself up to do me good all my life. I trust You to cause all things that touch me to work toward Your glory and my ultimate good. I will not be disappointed.
Brennan Manning has a way with words that speak volumes. Here is a quote that speaks to our passion to perform well in order to feel accepted, to keep it all together and running "right" in order to feel successful. See what you think.
"Our controlled frenzy creates the illusion of a well ordered existence. We move from crisis to crisis, responding to the ungent and neglecting the essential."
"The fire in the belly dies. We no longer hear the inward music."
Abba's Child

No comments:

Post a Comment