Saturday, February 20, 2010

A SALAD OF DARK GREENS

Here is another chop salad that provides a variety of raw vegetables that are not common in salad presentations. Remember that raw vegetables provide live enzymes and loads of vitamines and minerals in organic form. I used the term "organic" because living enzymes produce living cells in our body. A raw carrot stem will reproduce another carrot, but a cooked carrot can not sprout. Organic in this sense also indicates that the vegetable has along with it nutients in their natural combinations. This is much better than relying on supplements that have been isolated or even recombined to work better together. I am very picky about the supplements I take.

This salad features the dark green vegetables that are very nutrient dense.

Dark Greens and Cuciferous Salad

Spinach
Mustard Greens (I used the stems chopped fine, since I had cooked Mustard Greens the night before.)
Cauliflower
Broccoli Stalks
Onion slices
Cabbage
Frozen Green English Peas
Tomato
Hard Boiled Egg (optional)

I am preparing meals for two most of the time now, so I create many salads on each plate instead of a bowl full. There is less waste.

I did not chop the Spinach, but finely chopped the Mustard Greens, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Cabbage.

I used one slice of sweet onion and used a half on each salad.

Blue Cheese Dressing was my choice tonight. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment