Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HOMEMADE MAYONAIZE


For the two that asked me to post my Mayo recipe, here it is. I finally remembered to do it.


HOMEMADE MAYONAISE

1 WHOLE FARM FRESH EGG
1/2 TSP. SEA SALT
2 TABLESPOONS RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
1/2 TSP. DRY MUSTARD
3/4 TO 1 CUP LIGHT VEGETABLE OIL

I use my Vita Mix blender. Put all ingredients except the oil in the blender. Add enough of the oil to cover the blade. This is to avoid splatter.

Turn the blender on medium speed. Drizzle in a slow steady stream the remainder of the oil while the blender is running. It will thicken into mayo in a matter of seconds.

I have had it fail to whip into mayo, but that doesn't happen often. When it fails, pour off the oil after it separtes and make an Italian dressing. OR throw it out and try again. Never had it fail twice in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment