Monday, March 21, 2011

MARCH 22


Because of the completed work of Christ in my behalf, I am holy, set apart for God. God chose to make me holy - not common or unclean. How grateful I feel.

Holiness is a position and a destiny before it is a behavior. "You are a chosen people, holy priesthood, a people for God to possess!" Why? "In order for you to declare the praises of the One who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light." I Peter 2:9

"Dear friends, I urge you as aliens and temporary residents not to give in to the desires of your old nature, which keeps warring against you; but to live such good lives among the careless that even though they now speak against you as radical, they will see your peace and joyful lives and give glory to God on the day of His coming." I Peter 2:11 (Liz's paraphrase)

Since we are holy, we must "put on holiness", or behave in a way that reflects our calling, our position of holiness. Dress to fit who we are in Christ. Wear holiness, because we are holy - set apart unto God.

I choose to wear the clothes Jesus laid out for me:

SHOES OF PEACE - that gives me steady footing.

GARMENTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS - a sense of identity, for my heart is His throne.

BELT OF TRUTH - holding all I am together (body, soul, spirit) in the enabling power of agreement with who He is in me.

HEAD COVERING - redemption was instant but salvation is an on going process of renewing mind and emotions, motives and responses. Salvation is my crown of glory.

SWORD OF THE SPIRIT - His words spoken as I need to hear His mind on a matter.

Lord, Your kingdom has come in me. Let Your will be done on earth where I am, just as it is being done in Heaven. I live to reveal Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment