Thursday, March 24, 2011

MARCH 24


Father, where does this death to self take place or what is it that must die as we follow Jesus? Is it in the mind as theological platitudes? I think too often the evangelical church has settled around theological truth on the mind level, and this does not feel secure to me. One can believe in the mind the right things, but You want truth to be written on the heart level where it displays itself in life situations and as we relate to others.

My Jesus, I love You! I know You are mine. For You all the follies of Self I resign.

Increase all my borders in You.
Increase intimacy with You to enjoy You more.
Increase clarity of hearing and seeing You.
Increase love and faithfulness from my heart.
Increase humility and weaken every trace of false pride.

Release from me self-consciousness
self-protection
self-serving

Lord Jesus, I realize I am actually requesting that You also increae my suffering. In union with You, I deny myself, take up my personal killing cross and cling to You.

IF YOU DID IT, THINKING OF ME, YOU WILL ENABLE ME TO DO IT, THINKING OF YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment