Friday, June 15, 2012

The Sheltering Place of The Almighty

Can a secret place dweller expect to be  sheltered by the Most High in these turbulent times?  Lord I am looking to You.  Talk to me!
Does this mean I will be spared challenges, storms, adversity or tribulation?  I don't think so.

King David was certain that the Lord saves, is faithful to keep His promises and that Psalm 91 was his reality for a lifetime.  You see his affirmations of these promises and provisions throughout His praise songs to the Lord.

"The person who dwells in the secret place or shelter of the Most High will abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

I choose You, Most Hight God, a place to call HOME. . . to be sheltered. . .a place of great delight.
I find Your welcoming embrace, I feel honored and valued,  I belong.
I enjoy companionship in the secret place that empowers me to love myself and risk loving others.
The best part is that I don't ever leave Your presence, as to go out and come in to the secret place.  Since You are everywhere and there is no place you are not, my choice is to acknowledge Your presence with me.  This is especially important during the storm, the challenges, the tribulations.   Every time I turn my attention and affection to You, I experience comfort, security, and peacefulness.  Your voice provides wisdom, instructions, warnings, guidance away from the devil's false attractions and his lies.  Your presence makes the difference. 

Your presence makes all the difference and adds a dimension many do not experience.    
Oh yes,  much more. You call me with arms open.

"Come in. .come near. . come to be with Me.  I will walk with you. , do life with you.  . .never leave you. .  .never take My eyes off of you.    I am your covenant partner.  I am with you also in troubled times.  I set you on high, because you intimately know Me and because you have set your love upon Me"          Read Psalm 91:14-16

"I know your name,  I know your every thought.  I see each tear that falls.  I am here when you call.  Trun to Me.  I shelter you.  Listen to Me, for My words are life giving, healing, empowering, instructional, encouraging.  I will help you around all the barriers to My love that life throws at you.  You do not need to live under stress that destroys.  Relax and trust My shepherding skills.  My plans for you are for good, to give you a hope and a future."

GLORY!  I am not alone. . .not a victim. . . not an orphan.  My Father is the Most High God,  the Almighty.  He throws the shadow of His  Presence over me.  I visit friends, clean house, shop, work, sleep under His protection, provision and Presence.  We do life together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment