Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Are My Desire

In Psalm 20:4-5 David assures me that You, Lord, do save Your anointed.  David may well have meant both himself as anointed king over Israel and most surely could refer to Jesus the anointed of God unto salvation.  But since Jesus the Anointed is in me, I confidently take all these assurances of God's saving work personally.  Read all of these benefits.  Verse 4 & 5 spoke to me this morning.

I trust You, Lord to grant me according to my hearts desire and fulfill completely my purpose.  You are my heart's desire.  All other things flow out of You and Your purposes.
. . . .So let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to You.
. . . .I flow with Your heart and Your ways.
. . . .You are my heart's desire. . to be with You and enjoy You forever.

I declare Lord, I shout and rejoice in triumph at Your salvation and victory over all that separates You from me and me from You.

Your righteous justice demands death and eternal separation.  But You satisfied Your justice at Your own expense so I could enter into Your righteousness and be with You forever.  What a marvel!  Stop and meditate.  God actually wants me to know Him, not just about Him.

I decree to my soul,  Christ the anointed One has come to dwell in and with me to love me to wholeness.  Soul, listen intentionally and co-operate with every word He says, for He is your life.

You, Triune God, continually remove the barriers I have set up to protect myself.  Continue  to remove the lies that make me suspicious of Your goodness.  Your superior power and wisdom and incomparable intelligence are awe inspiring. I am safe in the shadow of Your wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment