Saturday, January 2, 2010

Adversity creates the opportunity to rise higher.

It seems to me that this world system is motivated by FEAR. I recognize my vulnerability to fear and anxiety. Yet Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, continually tells me,

"Do not fear. Why? Because I am with you."

"In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good courage."

"I have overcome this world system driven by fear."


I really think we should be able to live above the torment of fear. Especially when the Prince of Peace lives in us and promised never to leave us on our own.

The Lord told Isaiah. . . .(chap.43)
Fear not, for I have redeemed you.

I have summoned you by name. You are Mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.

When you pass through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.

When you walk through fire, the flame will not burn you or scorch you.



My spirit feels a lift when God says in verses 18 & 19.

Stop dwelling on past events and brooding over times gone by.

I AM DOING SOMETHING NEW.



In that case, Lord. . . .

I will bind myself to the Spirit within Who knows the heart and mind of the Father.



I will move into the new year of 2010 without fear that prompts negative talk.



I will mount up like the eagles on the wind currents of Spirit energy.



I will focus my affections on the Son of love. His Kingdom is not shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment