Friday, January 1, 2010

My identity and the purpose for this blog.

Who I am? Well, you will get to know me and the things I am passionate about if you track with me in this blog. My name is Elizabeth Thompson. I live in the Roan Mountain area of Tennessee

In a nutshell, I am a woman after the heart of God. Everything in my life revolves around the passion to know and to be known by God through Jesus Christ. I want to know His heart and His ways, and to walk with him in the love relationsip He died to provide for me. He is my Treasure and the purpose of my existence.

The second thing that helps identify who I am is my facination with human body and how intertwined it is with my soul and spirit. This passion has kept me motivated to pursue health practices and healthy foods that taste good.

The purpose of this blog will be to share spiritual insights that encourage and motivate, and to share recipes, cooking tips and nutritional information. I have found that reading what others have written and talking to friends keeps me motivation when I am "swimming up stream" against the current of popular opinion and bad food habits.

To those of you who are like-minded on these issues, I invite you to blog with me. I need your imput too. Together, we will be a community of fellow encouragers.

3 comments:

  1. Liz,
    This is great! I've often thought of blogging just never got around to it. I'm sure I will be reading yours daily.
    Blessings, Karen Fawcett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liz,

    Hooray! Here it is...your blog. You are off to a wonderful start. I will be following you and referring others to this spot for the thoughts and recipes offered. God bless.

    Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Liz. I will follow your blog and be very interested in your insights as you walk with the Lord and I always appreciate your recipes and thought on food and health. Keep it up!
    Malinda

    ReplyDelete