Thursday, January 28, 2010

HOW CAN I DELIGHT MY GOD?

The Lord takes pleasure in those who FEAR Him and HOPE in His steadfast love. (which is revealed in grace and mercy). Psalm 147:11

That means then that I bring delight to God by something I see in Him, not by what He sees in me.

When I see in Him my only source of life and acknowledge Him, a respectful FEAR rises in me and HOPE floods my soul. It is this fear and hope Christ brings to me, that He sees and causes Him to say, "I take pleasure in her."

How can I please a holy God who sees everything about me? I don't please myself.
By my moral perfections?
By my sacrificial ministry to others?
By ritual attendance to religious traditions?
By purity of thoughts and godly attitudes?

I think not. I delight my God when I see Him as my greatest treasure and respond to His love.

The prayer of the upright is His delight. Proverbs 15:8
Upright of heart means sincere pursuit of God's heart and desiring His presence. Prayer is communication or dialogue. God actually delights for us to talk to Him. If we aren't in a rush to get on with our agenda for the day, or upset that He interrupt our schedule, He loves to chat.

I will cling in utter dependence to Him.
I will pursue Him and seek His face.
I will soak in His presence until He radiates from me.
It is not I who lives but Christ lives in me, my hope of glory.

"My fear reflects His power, my hope reflects His bountiful grace. God will never give up the glory of being the fountain of all joy. He will never surrender the honor of being the source of all safety.; He will never abdicate the throne of sovereign grace."
John Piper - The Pleasure of Beign God.

No comments:

Post a Comment