Sunday, January 10, 2010

DO NOT LET FEAR RULE

As I read Matthew 6:31-34, Jesus is re-assuring me,
My Father knows that I have physical needs and desires.
All these earth realm needs will be supplied by Him, as I set Him as priority.
My heart affections and mental focus is to be with Him. He is Lord of all I am and have.

FEAR IS A REFUSAL TO TRUST THE GOODNESS OF GOD. ANXIETY IS A BY-PRODUCT OF UNBELIEF.

That sounds harsh, hitting my ears and I want to give myself allowances due to the weakness of my humanity. You say, "Jesus did not fear." I want to say, "I am not Jesus." The Spirit whispers, "I AM Jesus, present in you, available to live His life in you." I am so convicted by how little I draw on Holy Spirit's presence to be Jesus in me! I excuse my impatience, my complaining, my anger and fears. Lord Jesus, if I take Your Word seriously, I am desperate for deeper transformation.

My soul can not cure itself with drugs, pleasures or self-help psychology.
God knows my true condition which is worse than I know, and yet HIS GRACE IS MINE.
He endured rejection, abuse and torture for the privilege of drawing me to Himself and making His dwelling place with me for all my days. I will grow up into Him, all Jesus was and did.

He is telling me to drink from the Water of Life freely.
He is the Well of Water within me, springing up, with eternal qualities.
He is the Bread that is able to sustain my soul (mind, will, emotions)in this fearful place.

He tells me to acknowledge the Holy Spirit as Presence at all times.
He is friend and comforter.
He is teacher and counselor from Heaven's perspective.
He is the "mind of Christ" for my mind. I will stand in agreement with Him.
I can't afford to have thoughts in my mind that are not in Christ's mind.

He reminds me, "I will never leave you by yourself. I do not abandon My own."
He is the Kingdom coming in power.
He is ready to express Himself and manifest the Kingdom through me. Can I grasp it?

FEAR HOPES TO STOP THE KINGDOM FROM SHOWING UP IN MY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I sin against the Kingdom within me when I give place to fear and allow it to limit the Divine Presence available to me. What would be the result if I lived like the early followers of the risen Christ, who were consumed by their love for Him and obedient to the Voice of the Master.

I will contend for the Kingdom fully manifesting in the earth through the saints and I will also stand in His peace that dispells FEAR that threatens to shut me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment