Sunday, January 24, 2010

BALSAMIC CHICKEN

I generally do not like Chicken cooked in tomatoes, but I do like Balsamic vinegar, so I combined the two and served this dish over Brown Rice. My husband and I liked it; also a friend visiting thought it was a winning recipe. So, I share it with you in hopes you enjoy the combination of flavors.

Balsamic Chicken and Rice

Four small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, (You can add more if you really like garlic)
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes w/basil, garlic, oregano (or no seasoning diced tomatoes)
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 Chicken Boullion cube


I salted & peppered the chicken and browned them in olive oil. Remove chicken and add the sliced onion and 1 clove of chopped garlic. Allow to soften, then add back the chicken.

I disolved the chicken boullion cube in some of the tomato liquid or the balsamic vinegar. I also added the following herbs: some fresh rosemary, 1/2 tsp dried thyme. (If you use plain diced tomatoes without seasoning, I would add 1 tsp. each of dried Basil and oregano, or some Itallian seasoning blend.)

Pour the tomato/balsamic mixture over the chicken and onions. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked. About 15 to 20 minutes. I started to let the juices condense but decided to use all the juice since I was serving it over hot Brown Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment