Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TAKE MY PEACE

Does the Lord really expect me to experience His peace? . . .to move away from dread, anxiety and fear?
Did Jesus? Could He sleep in the midst of a storm that caused grown men to fear? Did He invite Peter to walk on water in the storm? Did Jesus rebuke the disciples for their fear?

The Apostle Paul admonished us in his letter to the Philippians 4:6-7
1.Do not fret or be anxious about anything.
2.Bring all that concerns you to God.
3.God's peace shall guard your heart and mind.

"He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him. Isaiah 26:3-4
The Jewish Bible, translated by David Stern puts these verses like this:
"A person whose desire rests upon You, You preserve in perfect peace, because he trust in You."

When you are in agony over a child in destructive mode or threats of financial loss, or the demands of a situation that threatens to bring you down, etc., fear will always bring you into spiritual battle. The battle is not with demons, but in your mind. What are the thoughts you are thinking? Thoughts create emotions and emotions lead to actions.

So, when fear pressess in, I have a choice. I will either turn my thoughts to Christ and dance with Him until my thoughts are in agreement with His; or I will let my thoughts run free and dance with the devil. His words are death and destruction, lies and deception.

If my emotions are raging out of control, I can not hear what the Lord is saying. Therefore, I must turn to face the Lord Jesus, walk into His arms. He bids me come and dance until His peace calms me. When peace settles over me, I begin to hear His voice. Worship enables me to surrender to His perspective. He is always working for my highest good.

1 comment: