Friday, January 1, 2010

Here is the recipe for a very filling meal shake. I enjoy the chewyness of this drink.

ALMOND DATE BREAKFAST SHAKE
3 - 4 pitted Dates, cut up
1/4 cup dried Cranberries
Soak them in 1 cup hot water (until they cool a bit.)
Add 2 TBS Orange Juice frozen concentrate, (or use 1/2 cup orange juice and cut the hot water
to 1/2 cup for soaking the fruit. You still have 1 cup fluid)

In the mean time, in a blender, grind to a flour
1/4 cup raw Almonds
1 or 2 TBS Flax Meal (flax meal is ground flax seeds. Use a small coffee grinder or buy them
already ground.)
1/4 cup whole oats (you don't want to use instant or processed grains)

To this dry mix, add the soaked fruit with liquid.
Add 1 more cup of liquid
(This can be water and half a lemon juiced, or a combination of orange juice & water. Lemon juice brightens the flavor and adds to the alkalinity)
Blend all the ingredients and enjoy your breakfast.

Try adding 1 TBS of Coconut Cream Concentrate to the soaking water (or use coconut oil). It provides a new dimension of flavor and the benefits of being anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory.
If you have candida or yeast issues, this will be an important addition.

I hope you do not feel you need it sweeter. But if you should, try Stevia liquid or powder. Dates are the sweetening agent for this drink.

Do a search on Coconut for the many benefits and uses. I can post my sources if there is interest.
NOTE:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz...I think I have everything for this except orange juice. We do not drink oj...I think it is just a lot of calories. I love chewy stuff so must try this. Will break down and get some oj. :) Put the stew recipe on here. Love stews and cornbread. I'm impressed with the "blog." Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement. I am struggling with the arrangement of the page and editing.
    I agree that store bought orange juice is not a healthy drink, being pasturized. Fresh squeezed is best and then not a regular glass, too much sugar too. Your point is well taken, especially for those who have disease process they are trying to reverse.

    ReplyDelete