Sunday, January 3, 2010

VEGGIE STEW

Cold weather calls for soup and cornbread. 10 FaceBook friends responded to my post about this comfort food. I think you will enjoy this recipe. It is thick and full of flavor.




Vegetable Stew


Ground Turkey or Beef (If you are avoiding meat for regaining health, you won't miss it in this


recipe.)


1 cup each diced Onion, Celery, Carrots


2 Cloves Garlic


Brown meat with Olive Oil, then add the vegetables and allow them to saute.


Add seasonings & remaining ingredients:


1 tsp. Sea Salt


1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning blend


1/2 tsp. each of Basil and Oregano


4 tsp. Beef Bouillon Granules


2 cups hot water


1 can Red Kidney Beans


1 16 oz can crushed or diced Tomatoes


1 15 oz can Tomato sauce


Chopped Cabbage




I usually add fresh snapped Green Beans and about 1/4 cup Brown Rice.


But you can use small pasta like macaroni, and left over veggies you need to use up (peas, corn, black beans, etc.




If you find this too thick, add more water. Adjust seasonings according to your taste.




Share alterations to this recipe in "comments" if you make it differently.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this.......sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the stew. Well... almost I changed it a little. I didn't have any basil and I added crushed red pepper(I like a little kick to mine). I also didn't have the beef bouillion so I used organic beef stock 1 1/2 cups. It was very good can't wait to eat left overs tomorrow!!
    I didn't make the kefir corn bread just regular corn bread but it was good. I try to use as much organic as I can. We are very limited to organic and natural food around here.

    ReplyDelete